We’ll let you in on a big secret that most ratings keep avoiding. Although you can find fixed CPM rates on the market, cost per mille is a dynamic metric in most cases.
What is CPM?
CPM is an acronym for cost per mille or cost per thousand impressions. This advertising model measures how much you earn per thousand ad impressions on your website. In other words, it refers to the cost of having an ad published and viewed a thousand times on your website. Since online marketing campaigns began, CPM has been an industry standard for estimating ad spend and pricing web ads.
The standard formula for calculating CPM: Cost per impression = Advertising cost / 1000 Impressions. For example, one million impressions at CPM equals $1000 in gross revenue. An impression is recorded when the ad platform determines that an ad has been viewed by its standards, and what do publishers profit from?
Best CPM ad networks for publishers
Adsterra is the best CPM ad network for publishers and advertisers with over $54 million yearly payouts. The ad network has no entry limits, so any website or social traffic provider can join. Adsterra is famous for its partner care approach that has been praised many times on Trustpilot and other rating agencies.
Key figures and facts about Adsterra:
- Over 30B impressions monthly.
- Over 12K direct advertisers with 1BN conversions per year.
- 21K trusted publishers.
- 248 GEOs.
- Live chat support for all partners.
Core benefits for publishers
- Fast website approval. Being a competitive Adsense alternative, Adsterra offers a prompt approval soon after you register.
- Payment methods: Bitcoin, Tether, Wire Transfer, Paxum, PayPal, and WebMoney.
- Payment Frequency: automated payouts (NET-15).
- Minimum payment: $5 (for Paxum and Webmoney).
- Monetization ad formats: Popunder, Social Bar (or In-Page Push ads), Native Ads, Adsterra VAST video ads, and Display Banners.
- Partner Care program: Expert managers and support team.
- Extra Income Referral Program: you earn additional 5% from each referral.
- Anti-malware protection: robust in-house and third party security solutions.
Benefits of CPM advertising
Profitable in every way (for Publishers)
Publishers may find CPM incredibly lucrative, as they can earn money simply by placing ad codes on their websites. This approach is easier than getting users to click or interact with ads because the results mainly depend on the advertiser’s ad quality.
Cheaper brand awareness and recognition (for advertisers)
Some advertisers may conclude that setting up a CPM-based campaign is pointless because impressions aren’t as important as clicks, installations, and purchases.
So let’s look at CPM campaigns from the ad network’s perspective to see if this is true.
It’s also a good idea to use CPM to generate complex conversions like deposits or credit card submits.
If you want an ad network that understands your needs and can help you maximize your ad revenue, join Adsterra. Our enhanced security, an automated Self-Serve platform, top-tier support, an innovative Anti-Adblock solution, and multiple payment options are all available for you. You will easily test several different ad placement options to figure out which ones bring in the most passive income.