If you are a parent who has some spare time for part time jobs while your kids are at school, the following jobs might be ideal for you. For example, you can be a freelancer and take up assignments that suit you.
Here are some of the best part time jobs for parents especially when the children are at school:
- Freelance Writer/Editor/Proofreader A freelance job will give you the flexibility to work at your own pace and hours. However, freelance work does not have company benefits, and the income is not always stable. Still, you can earn enough without stepping out of your home. You can work as a freelance writer/editor/proofreader from home. If you are good with words writing blogs/articles or copywriting are the best options.
- Part time teacher
If you are natural at teaching, you could get a part time teaching job at a primary school for a few hours. The best thing is you can even admit your kid to the same school and teach him/her with other children. There are many private schools and learning centres that hire teachers for a few hours a day.
- Data entry clerk
As an online data entry clerk, you are required to enter data into a database. You need to make sure all the data is accurate. Data entry work helps update various records for new record-keeping system and more. Data entry jobs are available on different part time job sites like GoGet and others.
- Warehouse assistant You can spend a few hours working as a warehouse assistant. Job responsibilities include receiving stock, tracking inventories, updating the records for materials and stock, packing and shipping items, etc.
- Online Tutor Online tutoring is currently an excellent option for parents looking for a work-from-home option. You will need a PC/Laptop, a stable Internet connection, and a headset. You can teach students a specific subject from the comfort of your home.
- Web Designer Another good option is web designing. If you have done a web designing course, you can create websites for clients, including creating graphics, and navigational elements using HTML code. You will need a portfolio and some web designing samples. There is a lot of demand for good web designers, and you can find quality freelance gigs.
- Customer service representative Many companies hire part-time customer service representatives to resolve customers’ complaints, answer their calls, and process orders. If you like communicating with people, you can spend a few hours working in customer service and earn steadily.
- Selling eCommerce products Due to the rising eCommerce industry, you can sell products of a brand by setting up an eCommerce site. Many well-known brands looking to sell their eCommerce products and you can do it in your spare time. The brand may even help you set up your eCommerce store. By selling branded products, such as baby accessories, jewellery, and gift items, you can earn a commission.
- Recruitment coordinator You can work as a part-time recruitment coordinator for a company to hire people for jobs. Your job will be to help HR personnel to go through the resumes, do background checks, schedule interviews, and onboarding.
- Travel Consultant Virtual travel positions are in demand again after the pandemic. In this job, you will make travel schedules for clients, including airlines, cruise lines, airlines, resorts, etc. You may even get travel credits that might allow you and your family to travel.
- Photographer You can be a part-time photographer and take photos you like, be it nature, people, or children. You can sell the pictures to online stock image sites, such as Unsplash, Pixabay, Shutterstock, and Fotolia.
- Translator If you have fluency in one or multiple foreign languages, you can do online translation jobs and earn good money. It is a flexible job, but with a deadline on most occasions.
- Transcriptionist Medical or business transcription jobs are ideal for parents who look for work from home. You can do transcription jobs on flexible schedules. You will need a PC/Laptop, headset, good typing speed (minimum 45-50 wpm) and the ability to transcribe audio to text accurately.
- Freelance graphic designer You can work as a freelance graphic designer and create visual graphics, logos, and other design elements for clients and earn. You will need tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, or others.
- Career coach Online career coaches have expertise in career planning, making resumes, preparing clients for an interview and negotiating. You can guide job seekers to find an ideal career path.
- Virtual assistant The virtual assistant job is ideal for parents. You can do the job remotely and provide virtual support to your clients by doing activities, including answering, writing emails, scheduling appointments, and more.
- Administrative assistant An administrative assistant does several tasks daily, such as managing paperwork, answering phone calls, making agendas for meetings, and scheduling appointments for the employer.
- Freelance bookkeeper You can work part-time as a freelance bookkeeper and help a small business maintain its accounts. If you have a commerce/accounting background, you can easily work flexible hours to do a bookkeeping job.
- Childcare services You can provide in-home childcare services, and help other parents with smaller kids and earn too. In childcare services, you will have responsibilities, including feeding and grooming children, introducing kids to hobbies appropriate for their age, keeping them engaged by reading stories, etc.
- Social media management The explosive growth of social media has opened up many opportunities. Brands need experts for their social media management work. You can work from home and manage the social media accounts of a business, by periodically posting on its Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts and also interacting with its audience.
Fortunately, there are many online job platforms where you can find thousands of part time jobs that you can do from home, or do a job on-site and get home before the kids are back from school. It will allow you to spend more time with your children and also bring in additional income for the family.